Working with the Barnsley Community for the Community
Twiggs Community Engagement
We are very proud of our community engagement and development. We work in partnership with local residents, community groups, businesses and schools to build community resilience in relation to environmental improvement and community ownership.
By involving local people in sustaining their own neighbourhoods, we hope to inspire people to ‘Love Where You Live’, demonstrated through active participation.
- Create a well maintained, clean, safe, well presented and welcoming physical environment
- Help residents / community groups to take responsibility for green areas, shrub beds, planters etc.
- Provide opportunities for young people to volunteer, gain work experience and support the local community
- Create local apprenticeship opportunities
- Increase the number of people engaged in volunteering activities in the community
- Ensure that local communities are kept clean and litter free
Volunteering is a great way to boost your skills at the same time as making a real difference to your local community.
Whether you’re looking to gain work experience and broaden your horizons, fulfil your passion for environmental issues or simply want to give a few hours a week to a cause that benefits your community, Twiggs can help you do something special.
We regularly work with volunteers and value the contribution they make to our projects in enhancing and developing our aims and objectives in changing places and changing lives.
Check out our Facebook pages for all our latest Volunteering activities:
Recent Facebook Posts
Get involved and make a difference in your Community
We currently offer volunteering opportunities in the following areas:
- Central Ward
- Kingstone Ward
- Worsborough Ward
- Stairfoot Ward
- Dodworth Ward
- Bolton Upon Dearne
- Penistone East
- Penistone West
- Darton East
- Darton West
- Old Town
- St Helens
- Hoyland Milton
Get involved. To find out more about our volunteering activities:
Alternatively please fill in the contact form below: